Have you downloaded Chronogram Smartcard—our super cool app that lets you save tons of money at some of our favorite Hudson Valley restaurants—but aren't too sure how it works? If you're getting ready to go out and use your Smartcard app for the first time and want to make sure you've got the etiquette (or EATiquette) down, we've got you covered.
Here's a handy guide to Chronogram Smartcard EATiquette: the basics of eating, paying, and living your best local foodie life with the app.
1.First, check which restaurants are available on the app before heading out—and read the fine print (since hours, restrictions, and availability may vary).
2. Place your order and indulge in some really friggin' good food. (Maybe snap a few foodstagram shots for posterity and #thebrand).
3. We love transparency here. So let your server know that you are planning on paying with the Chronogram Smartcard app before you order. They may need to make some adjustments depending on if there are any restrictions at the restaurant. (ex. alcohol not included or a max transaction).
4. Allow the server to type in the transaction dollar amount into your phone—that way there are no misunderstandings about the amount you are paying.
5. Once the transaction is complete, let your server note the transaction number.
6. Be cool, be kind: Please remember to tip your server in cash and on the full amount of the bill. Don't be that guy. We hate that guy.
7. Head home, revel in the money you saved and the post-meal food coma/full-belly feeling—and get ready to plan your next night out.
Haven't got Chronogram Smartcard yet? Download it in the App Store or via Google Play.