1. think on your sins. the way her lips felt as they poured her deep-sea love into your veins. her eyes, and how they sparkled like the stars you'd forgotten you loved. her sweat as it mixed with yours and the smell of her on top of you.
our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name
2. condemn your misdeeds as what they are. admit that her hands on your hips were the one true abomination. admit that her soft, somber kisses damned you beyond repair. admit that as sweet as she tasted, she poisoned you.
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
3. renounce your lies. admit that you never found home in the curve of her throat. confess that you were only ever under her spell. affirm that your bond to her was never as deep as it sounded when you scrawled her name in the backs of bibles.
on earth as it is in heaven.
4. think on your sins. the sound of her hitching breaths. the way your fingers curled around her hip. her broken pieces and the way you sung them to sleep.
give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses
5. repent your actions, and cast off the shackles that bound you to her, the clothing she left you, the notes scribbled on notebook paper, folded in your wallet for safekeeping. burn these, and everything else of her you can find. burn her from your life.
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
6. declare your loyalty to your virtue. swear that you will never again look upon her. swear that you will never again touch her. swear that you will never again fall asleep thinking of her rosy cheeks. swear that you will never again orbit her as the earth orbits the sun, as though she is the center of your universe.
and lead us not into temptation,
7. think on your sins. the curl of her body around yours. the lilt of her voice as she whispered your name, breathless, against your neck. the pieces of you that fit more perfectly within her than any other of god's creations. the seamless way she sunk into you.
but deliver us from evil.