- courtesy of Parks & Trails NY
- Some young I Love My Park Day volunteers.
I Love My Parks Day, sponsored by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation and Parks & Trails New York, was launched seven years ago as an annual event to clean up and spiff up public outdoor spaces and to build awareness around the recreation opportunities.
"Our state parks are natural treasures that offer extraordinary outdoor recreational opportunities, attract tourists who support local economies and draw people together," Governor Cuomo said in a recent press release. Opportunities for volunteering range from trash clean up to trail maintenance to flower planting. You can come with your office mates, buddies, or round up your kids' boy scout troupe for a day of service.
New York State's public lands are visited by over 71 million people a year and support over 50,000 jobs statewide. Do you have a public park preserve that you love? Why not pitch in to keep it clean and beautiful.
Go on, sign up. Leslie Knopes would be proud.
- Bannerman Island - Registration CLOSED, at capacity
- Beaver Pond Campground - Harriman State Park
- Denning's Point Park
- Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park
- Jay Heritage Center
- Little Stony Point Citizens Association
- Minnewasksa State Park Preserve
- Minnewaska State Park Preserve - Sam's Point
- New Windsor Cantonment State Historic Site and the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor
- Olana State Historic Site
- Old Croton Aqueduct State Historic Park
- Rockefeller State Park Preserve
- Staatsburgh State Historic Site
- Sterling Forest State Park
- Stony Kill Farm and Environmental Education Center
- Taconic State Park- Copake Falls
- Taconic State Park/Harlem Valley Rail Trail
- Trailside Museums & Zoo, Bear Mountain State Park
- Walkway Over the Hudson