Pennings Farm Market
in Warwick is kicking off a new seven-week, bracket-style tournament for eight Orange County breweries to be held at their brewpub. Every Friday night starting on March 24 and ending on May 5, two breweries will go head to head, with locals tasting and voting for the better beer. The first four weeks will have the breweries competing bracket style with the fifth and sixth weeks being the semi finals and then the seventh week determining which brewery will be the first to win the Gilded Growler trophy.
The event will also have live entertainment from local bands and musicians starting on March 24 with In Living Cover. The rest of the performances are as follows: March 31 has Black Dirt Band Duo, April 7 has Nailed Shutt Acoustic, April 14 has Hudson Valley Bluegrass Express, April 21 has The Choice, April 28 has Wood Hippie, and May 5 is still to be announced.
Participating breweries are matched up as follows:
· March 24: RUSHING DUCK BREWING CO vs. GLENMERE BREWING CO
· March 31: PINE ISLAND BREWING vs. NEWBURGH BREWING CO
· April 7: NEW PALTZ BREWING CO vs. CAPTAIN LAWRENCE BREWING CO
· April 14: KEEGAN ALES vs. WESTTOWN BREW WORKS
· April 21 and April 28: Semi Finals
· May 5: Final Taste Off and The Gilded Growler Trophy Presentation